Saturday, August 23, 2008

East Coast Adventures


I'm back from a 12 day trip on the East Coast! It was so great to be home and to see family and friends. I hugged, I laughed, I cried and it was all worht it! My first stop was in North Carolina to be a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding. She was such a beautiful bride! I also got to hang out with my oldest sister and her friends in NC. We had an awesome girls night out. We ate ribs, rice, turnip greens, corn, and I got to share with them one of my favorite salads which they absolutely loved!

My next stop was in South Carolina to visit family and friends. In less than a 24 hour period, I was able to see mostly everyone...family, high-school friends, old co-workers.

My next stop was in the nation's capital! I took one of the sight-seeing tours in Washington D.C. not realizing that it was going to be 2 hours instead of 1. Needless to say, I got sunburned on my arms from sitting at the top of the double-decker bus. It was worth it. While on the bus, I met a lady who lived in DC for 18 years and decided to take the tour just because she never had. I love when people decide to explore their own backyard. So often people overlook the treasures right in their own city/town.

.
My final and most rewarding stop was in New York to visit my baby sister! She had no idea I was coming for a visit. I had to tell a few white lies to make her stay home so I told her I was sending her winter coats that she needed to sign for. I called her when I arrived in NY and told her that I need her work place address to find it on Google Maps to send her a picture of Google's awesome satellite image feature. Then I text messaged her to make it seem as if I was mad at her for not being able to find it on Google Maps. When I got to her job, I asked the ladies sitting in the front to go get her but not to mention it was me. One of her supervisors asked for her in a very stern voice so needless to say, my sister thought she was in trouble. When she walked through the front door, she said, "That's my sister!" Immedietaly, the tears of joy started to fall. As we hugged, I started to cry. Her co-workers started to cry and before you know it, everyone was crying. It was such a touching moment...one I hope to never forget. My sister told me afterwards that some of her co-workers decided to call their sisters because it was so touching.

We had the time of our lives running all around New York City as we used to do as kids! Thankfully, I can relive that moment of seeing the joy in my sister's face over and over again in my mind and in my heart.

4 comments:

Jo Ann said...

That is such a sweet story! I am only child, but you are making me wish I had a sister to call!! I think I will call my best friend that I still hang out with from high school!

groovyinclinations said...

Adorable bloggie! Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting on mine too! I'm glad you had a safe trip visiting your sister!

Lisa @ Serah's said...

Thanks everyone!

Anonymous said...

okay, i teared a bit! there's no place like home, there's no place like home...

cheers form a fellow lwl'r!