Saturday, August 30, 2008

Have Your Life & Eat Cake Too


Palm Treo 755p Cake
Originally uploaded by serahsonline
Being an avid fan of Ace of Cakes ® on the Food Channel Network, I have always had a desire to have one of their cakes in my house for display and to enjoy. However, since the company that makes the cakes is based in Maryland and does not provide shipping, I had to resort to another means of satiating my desires. Yep, that’s right….I decided to make one myself. Knowing that the task would be challenging, I wanted to pick something that not only would be easy but also represent me. Hmmm, well anyone who knows me know that I am total mess without something to keep me organized. Ahh, I got it…my handy dandy trusty Palm Treo 755p. From that idea, my specialty cake phone was born. Now, I can have my life and eat my cake too. I wonder if I can get a charger big enough for it…lol.

Phone & Cake
Well, what do you think? Does it look like my Treo or what? I sure hope so because it took 4.5 hours to make.
Face Display

The cake is strawberry with buttercreme icing. Yum!
Qwerty Keyboard

22 comments:

dcyrill said...

Are you serious? That cake looks fabulous. You may be giving Ace of Cakes some competition. LOL. No but seriously, you have the letter and even the screen perfect. Bravo. :)

Anonymous said...

That cake looks AMAZING, Lisa!! Wow....I'm just wondering how much time it took lol...take care, blessings!!!

~Stephanie M~

Robin Honig Willens said...

How creative! Love how it came out! And isn't strawberry cake so yummy?Did you have the heart to cut into it?
:) Robin

Anonymous said...

Wow Lisa, I didn't even know you cooked. You might want to ask the owner of Ace of Cakes to let you work there....

Lisa @ Serah's said...

Strawberry cake is yummy! I haven't cut into the cake yet but I'm building up the courage. haha

Anne-Marie said...

You MADE THAT?!? Holy cow, you are talented. I had no idea you did cakes as well as soap. That's very cool

Anonymous said...

Maybe you could do something patriotic next for all the presidential hoopla going on, like a flag cake or 4th of July cake ;)

Lisa @ Serah's said...

Great minds think alike! I haven't made a 4th of July cake in a long time.

fatfighter said...

OMG, you seriously mad that? I am sooooo impressed! And yes, it looks just like your Treo. Exactly.

Unknown said...

Lisa, I am more than impressed. If the whole thing was edible, did you manage to eat the whole thing???

Lisa @ Serah's said...

Thanks to everyone for such lovely comments. I finally got the courage to cut into it and it tastes so so good! I haven't eaten the whole thing yet b/c something's been keeping me busy. Stay tuned for the next blog post.

Muze said...

omg that is SO flyy!!!

how did you DO that??

looks like you ordered it from Ace. wow. i'm impressed.

i've gotta learn how to do that now.

looks exactly like it.

dopeness.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I've done some cake decorating in my life so know and appreciate how creative this look alike Treo is, not to mention the time.......no worry about idle mind being the devil's playground for you. Was this after the mini-cupcake soap production cause you wanted to make some cake you could eat? :-) Lisa

Lisa @ Serah's said...

Hi Muze,
Thanks for the lovely comments. It's kind of simple. Betty Crocker took care of the actual cake. I don't know if I have the patience to do it from scratch but I loaded up on fondant and coloring from Michael's and spent the afternoon/evening putting the cake together.

I can't do rollerskates and cars like they do on Ace but I'll put it on my list to try.

Lisa @ Serah's said...

Hi Lisa,
I made this cake before the cupcake production. I had no idea the cupcake production was coming. Good thing I got the cake out of the way first. lol ;)

Anonymous said...

This cake is like totally awesome. What patience it must have taken to get the details. You certainly should try entering a competition. Great Job.

Unknown said...

That cake is absolutely amazing!

Beautifully.Conjured.Up said...

This cake looks good!!!! I want one :)

X said...

This is so very cute! I would love a slice of that!

LOVE x

Anonymous said...

Excellent job!! Looks yummy too!

Brook said...

SO COOL!!

Sarah said...

I love Ace of Cakes too! That's amazing that you were able to make that yourself. Kudos to you! Looks absolutely awesome!