Friday, October 10, 2008

Casting Call: Crafty Island

This could be your chance!  You've heard of Fantasy Island, Temptation Island, and Survivor!  We're looking for women and men (all ages, all ethnicities) with an expertise to star in our all new reality show Crafty Island.  The show features real world people stranded on a remote island in the wild without any of their usual supplies.  NO communication with the outside world.  You all have to work together to survive but you are only allowed to use your area of expertise to aid in their survival for 1 month.  If you can't contribute to the group, you will be voted off by your teammates.  On the island are animals, trees with fruits and vegetables, a large pot, a glass container, and an ax.

All the members have been cast.  I'm the first cast member.  When I arrived on the island, I received a card that read, "How do you make soap if you're stranded in the wild?"  Luckily for me, I'm able to cheat.  Someone has already answered that question for me HERE and HERE.  (HAHA I've got a leg up!)

But if you're not crafty like my friend Jerod, his area of expertise is sales.  Therefore, his card read, "How would you barter resources from the wild if you were stranded in the wild?"  Jerod's answer was:

Since I don't have communication with the outside world, obviously I have to barter with the others on the island.  I would chop down all the trees and barter the trees for things I'll need to ensure my survival.  So I'd give some of the  trees to Lisa so she can make soap but she'd have to give me soap for the trees to make sure I stay fresh and clean.


Use your imagination...answer this question: As a cast member, when you arrived on the island, you received a card that read, "How do you (fill in the blank) if you're stranded in the wild?"

7 comments:

Debbie said...

HI Serah. Just wanted to thank you for stopping by Blog Around the World. You are all linked up! Make sure to stop by daily to see where in the world we are headed to next.

Linda S said...

I'm pretty sure mine says photoshop my head on a monkey which I think is pretty hard. I think there are too many pixels involved...or too much blood, which is just gross

Anonymous said...

Well, since I am a handbag designer, I know how important it is to keep all of our daily necessities and valuables in our bags. We'd definitely need to carry supplies around on an island to build shelters and collect food. I would use the leaves, vines, and branches from the trees to weave my handbags in all sizes!

Unknown said...

Well, since I am a teacher, I would work w/ the other castaways and learn what their needs were to complete their tasks. Then I could teach these skills to others who could help them. If there were children on the island I could easily teach them through storytelling, but the main focus would be on surviving on the island.

Susie said...

I am coming to you via BPOTW. What a very creative post!! I love it!

I would have to find some caco on the island to whip up some chocolate for survial:-)

BPOTW said...

Hmmm, this is a tough one! How would I homeschool on the island? I would obviously use the natural things on the island to teach. I guess I'd barter some French lessons for some trees to make paper for writing...That's as good as I can get at 11:30 pm!

Thanks for submitting this. It was fun!

Unknown said...

What a fun question! Since I'm a blogging and content marketing expert, my card reads, "how will you get the other craft experts to communicate their core messages in a way that's fun and persuasive?"

Thanks, Serah, for stopping by my blog and answering my question about how to make readers think! You rock!