Monday, March 30, 2009

Recap of Silver Lake on March 29th

Here’s the recap from this week’s craft show in Silver Lake.

All smiles
Again, I was at the craft show with my jacket on! I can’t wait for the day when I can do an outside craft show without a jacket. I always take my first booth photo without my jacket and then it’s right back on. Come on sunshine with the beautiful California weather! I’m patiently waiting!

My booth was set up right across from my friend Nicole from Honey Child Designs! Honey Child Designs offers eco-friendly adornments and accessories that illuminate your beauty, spirit & oneness with nature.
Honey Child Designs

This week, a USC film major was at the event and she interviewed me on camera as to why I think the arts/crafts industry is still doing so well despite our current economic situation. If I get a clip of that, I’ll post it to my blog in the future.

Craft shows are a labor of love as those of you who do craft shows already know. Since I travel from Santa Barbara to Los Angeles mostly for shows, it starts with me waking up at 5 am and I’m no early bird but my mind shifts right into drive since that’s what I have to do to get there in 1.5 – 2 hours to get to my destination.

As I’m selling my cupcake soaps, I reap all the benefits of my hard work and get to hear some great stories from my customers. Not only are my cupcake soaps great gifts for birthdays or holidays, two customers had different reasons for purchasing my cupcake soaps. One guy purchased the Red Velvet Cupcake Soap because the wedding caterer served Red Velvet Cupcakes at his wedding. A lady bought the Bunny Corn Cupcake Soap to give as a gift to her mother who is in the hospital as a get well soon gift.
Helping a Customer

The Silver Lake Art/Craft & Vintage Show will be changing location, dates, and time.
New Location: Micheltorena Street Elementary School
1511 Micheltorena St (@Sunset)
Los Angeles, CA 90026
New Date: Saturdays, next show is April 4th
New Time: 10 am – 4 pm

Ghettogloss has created a new website strictly dedicated to the Silver Lake Art/ Craft & Vintage Show. I just checked it out and a picture of my cupcake soaps at the show is on the homepage (in the top left corner)! Thanks Fiora and Jessica! You ladies are awesome!

As always, there are more photos from events in my Flickr album. To stay up to date with the latest Serah’s events, subscribe to our blog or subscribe to our newsletter.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Nice! You are really working the craft scene. Good for you! :)