Monday, May 25, 2009

Once, Twice, Three Times the Fun!

This past Memorial Day weekend was a very much needed break! A break away from all the hustle and bustle of my life and my business and a chance to do absolutely nothing Serah’s related (well, except writing this blog post). My weekend getaway destination was Pasadena, CA. I’m always in Los Angeles but had yet to check out Pasadena and while I was there, I discovered that the corner of West Union St and North Fair Oaks Ave had three different temptations that put me back in the business mindset but still in a fun way. And I fell for all three temptations and loved it!

My first stop was The Container Store which is now one of my favorite places to buy all things for organization. I’m like a kid in a candy store at The Container Store.

My second stop was at The Soap Kitchen to check out a fellow soaper. I loved the natural look and feel to her packaging.


Last but not least, Dots Cupcakes!
Dots Cupcakes


They have large and mini cupcakes just like me! I purchased several different flavors of the mini cupcakes so that I could try all the different kinds before first picking a favorite. And I have to say that the Vanilla cupcake from Dots was my favorite!

And since vanilla has been a most requested fragrance for my soap cupcakes, there will be a vanilla scented cupcake soap coming to Serah’s soon.

I’d love to hear what you did this weekend. Share your Memorial Day adventure or lack there of with me in the comments.

Happy Memorial Day!

7 comments:

Reina said...

I did nothing for the Memorial weekend, but that is because I am saving up for my upcoming birthday next week! I love The Container Store, too! I love their little rectangular containers in different sizes and colors but I don't just want to buy one when I know there are other colors to be cherished. Maybe when I find an actual use for them all, I will purchase them all at once. Hehe!

robin said...

Oooh. Those cupcakes look YUMMY!!!
Glad you had a good weekend! :)

Adults In London said...

Good break with shopping and enjoyment.

Unknown said...

I didn't do too much, but week after my partner and I went to Vermont with the dog! BTW- LOVE the Container Store...isn't it amazing??

Saw this via Best Posts of the Week. Mine was featured too!

John
http://johnandstevearehavingababy.blogspot.com

betty-NZ said...

It's weird not celebrating American holidays. But then learning the NZ holidays is kinda fun.
Good to hear you had a good break! We all need one of those from time to time.

personalized stickers said...

so you need a break for the hustle and bustle and it feel now that you have passed a good time with lot of shopping and having lot of fun these breaking days really memorial for any one

Lisa @ Serah's said...

Thanks to everyone for sharing their weekend adventures with me.

Personalized Stickers, I am not sure that I understand your comment. I'd like to understand your point of view further.