Thursday, May 14, 2009

Unique Los Angeles 2009 Recap

I was extra prepared for Unique Los Angeles. This was my first year at Unique LA and after seeing the booth photos of Rock Scissor Paper from last year, I was inspired to kick it up a notch for my booth display. And wouldn't you believe it, when I arrived at Unique LA, I was right across from Rock Scissor Paper!

Serah's Booth Display - Unique Los Angeles


The only other thing I wanted to complete my booth was a floor covering but overall I was happy with how it turned out. I even splurged on a few extra things to give my booth those extra touches I wanted to. I bought a cake stand, a bubble machine, and used my banner.
Cupcake Stand


As a very extra special treat, a friend of mine made the most awesome complement to my booth that one can imagine – a diorama!

Cupcake Soap Diorama


Isn’t this the most adorable thing you’ve ever seen!?! Other than my cupcake soaps, this was my favorite thing in the whole booth and everyone who visited my booth noticed it as well!

I met a lot of cool people and even had repeat customers! One of my customers wrote a very interesting blog post that I will share with you all in future post. With every show I do, there are always moments that I will never forget. There was a little girl about two years of age who came to visit my booth with her dad and he bought a mini cupcake soap for her. About a hour later, I saw the same mini cupcake soap gliding by my booth in a little hand. Then I noticed that it was the bright-eyed little girl holding the mini cupcake soap in her hand as her mother pushed her past my booth in the stroller. I smiled and giggled because it was the cutest thing I’d ever seen. She was the cutest mobile advertising I’ve ever had! Her mother exclaimed, “She just loves her cupcake soap!”

Later, a lady came by with 4 little girls and a baby. As we were talking, she informed me that one of the little girls had $5 to spend at the show because she won the Good Girl of the Week prize. The little girl loved the Mini Mint Chocolate Cupcake Soap but she said that she wanted to visit all of the vendors first before she made her decision. And can you imagine my surprise, when she came back to my booth to spend her $5. We had over 275 vendors so I was SO honored!

I love selling my cupcake soaps and it’s moments like that which makes what I do even more rewarding.

Last but not least, I had to stop by the Oh Snap photo booth!

Smell Like A Cupcake


There are additional photos, in my flickr album.

6 comments:

Reina said...

Wow! I am very happy you found my post. I love your cupcake soaps! You have my permission to share my blog with your readers. I am honored.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Love the set up. The stories make the shows worth that much more!

Batty said...

aww i just found your lovely creations and i'm totally in love!!! your cupcake soaps are SO darn cute! i even blogged about them :) http://shesbattydesigns.blogspot.com/ (may 13th)

can't wait to see what other creations you come up with :)

Lisa @ Serah's said...

Thanks everyone!

American Baby Names said...

thank you everyone i love you every one and also found my post.

Lisa @ Serah's said...

American Baby Names - are you talking about the name Serah or Serahs?