Monday, March 16, 2009

I am featured on Afro Puffs and Ponytails!

Afro Puffs and Ponytails is a site for inspiring African American girls founded by Kim Thomas.

Appreciation, Recognition, and Presentation
That’s what Afro Puffs and Ponytails is all about!   

It’s a place where teen and pre-teen girls can read about successful African American women from different businesses and career fields.

My story is about how I got into my field, the training and education required, and why I chose it. I was more than happy to share my story which will hopefully inspire many African American girls as well as other girls just as stories of other African American women have inspired me.

To read the article, click HERE.

Sharing my story also helps me to never forget that I was a girl with afro puffs and ponytails who grew into a woman with afro puffs and ponytails!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! How incredible! What a great idea for an organization.
Congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

You, your story, and your success definitely puts you in a wonderful position to inspire young girls! Keep up the great work, and stay natural my sister :-).

Lisa @ Serah's said...

Thanks Robin & Kim! And Kim, I'm staying natural as long as I shall live! :) You too sis!

CG said...

Congratulations and what a great website!

Lisa @ Serah's said...

Thanks Christie!