Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Cupcakes in the Wind

Feb 15th Silverlake Art/Craft & Vintage
Obviously, Mother Nature caught wind of the cupcake craze at the Silverlake Art/Craft & Vintage show this past Sunday or should I say brought wind to the cupcake craze. No rain on Feb 15th but there was wind. Not strong winds but enough to make me put on a jacket and for those of you who see me around town, you know I'm hardly ever in a jacket. January through March is usually the rainy season in my part of California so this weather is to be expected.

Despite the cold weather, I was very pleased that Serah's cupcake soaps were still a huge hit! Customers ranged from eager little girls who couldn't wait to get their hands on those cupcakes to women who wanted that sweet piece of cupcake bliss, to people looking for birthday gifts and guys looking to buy Valentine's gifts.

I had so much fun conversing with the customers and the other vendors at the craft show. I even got a "puppet name" from one of the vendors...Punky Shoe Sprinkles! How cute is that! I didn't make major modifications to my booth but I did create a flag banner to let everyone know that they were actually soaps. I laughed with several people at the fair as they told me they had to do a double take because they couldn't believe the soaps weren't real food or how one woman explained that her friend would love the smell and the look of my cupcake soaps so much that her friend probably would ACTUALLY bite into the soap! I gave her some lollipops with her purchase so maybe her friend will eat the lollipops instead. haha

I plan to continue as a vendor at the Silverlake Art/Craft & Vintage show hosted by Ghettogloss and you will see Serah's at other craft shows and festivals this year also. I'm in the planning stages of booking future shows and subscribing to my blog is the best way to know if I'm coming to a town near you.

Hope to see you soon!

5 comments:

April said...

So glad you stopped by today...beautiful blog you have! Enjoy your day!

Anonymous said...

Your cupcake soaps would be a big hit in the middle of a blizzard. That's how awesome you are!
Glad to hear how well you are doing! Keep it up!
:)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your presence at the show was a smashing success! Good for you! I look forward to seeing where you'll be with your soaps this year. I may be out your way this spring/summer, so maybe I'll get a chance to say 'hi.'

BPOTW said...

Glad you had a great time and that your cupcakes were a success!

Thanks for sharing with BPOTW!

Lisa @ Serah's said...

Thanks ladies for all the support and wonderful comments!