Monday, February 9, 2009

My First Craft Show

February 8th finally arrived and I eagerly put my best foot forward along with my cupcake soaps which were a hit!  I kept a weather eye on the forecast literally for three weeks before the event because of the inconsistent rain predictions of southern California.  As the morning began at 8 am, there wasn't a drop of rain in sight and a few hours later, the sun peaked through the overcast clouds to offer hope for a beautiful sunny California day.  

My Craft Display
Silverlake Art/Craft & Vintage Show
I met a few of the other very talented crafty and vintage vendors and helped them set up a few things since setting up my display only took 30 minutes.  People started arriving as the show opened up at 9 am and I was ready to greet them all with a smiling face.  Fiora of Ghettogloss, co-coordinator of the Silverlake Art/Craft & Vintage show, stopped by my booth with her brother to smell the tester soaps I had on display and pay a lovely compliment to my cupcake soaps.


Several customers were able to stop by my booth and make their cupcake soap purchases before the rain started to pour down on us at 11:30 am.  Some customers were even able to sneak in a few cupcake soap purchases even after my display was mostly packed up and ready to be loaded into the vehicle.  The event coordinators called the show on account of the rain and around 12:30, all, if not most of us were packed and on our way.


Before the Rain
Silverlake Art/Craft & Vintage Show

When it rains, it pours
Silverlake Art/Craft & Vintage Show
Even though it poured, it did not rain on my parade.  I enjoyed my first craft show and I'm looking to many more in the future!  More craft show pictures are in my Flickr account.

If you have any ideas and/or suggestions for my booth display, I'd love to hear them.  Also, if you know of any upcoming craft shows, please let me know.  Subscribe to my RSS feed to stay current with future craft shows where Serah's cupcake soaps will make an appearance!

12 comments:

Lexus Events said...

Make sure to check out eventlister.com They usually have lots of events. Good Luck!

Unknown said...

Congrats on your first craft show! :)

lori said...

Congratulations on your craft show!! Like I said on Twitter, I love the way the soap cupcake looks and the smell is wonderful! My husband keeps picking up the soap to smell! He is never like that!

Lori

Anne-Marie said...

Congrats on your craft show- Your booth looks gorgeous and I just LOVE your Red Velvet Cupcake Soap =)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! You look awesome and all your soaps look yummy, as always!
If you ever want to coordinate with some cupcake cards, just let me know!
:)

Aly @ Lip Zip said...

Your display looks great! I hope your first craft show was a huge hit.

Lisa @ Serah's said...

Thanks so much everyone!

Robin, we'll definitely have to coordinate since you have cupcake cards.

fatfighter said...

Glad you enjoyed your first craft show, despite the rain! Looking good!

BPOTW said...

I can't see the full pictures because I'm having problems with my internet and it's loading pages painfully slowly. Anyway, the one thing I would suggest (and I'm not sure if you did this or not) is to make your signage pop. You want people who are walking by to be able to immediately know what your product is and you want your signs to also draw them to you.

I was also going to suggest eventlister.com Have fun! I've done a couple of craft shows, but doing embroidery work at a craft show can be a little stressful ;)

Thanks for sharing with BPOTW

CG said...

Looks like despite the rain you got a good crowd! Your display was lovely!

Crazee Juls said...

CUTE STUFF! I'm going to check out your shop right now!

Sylvia said...

I'm new to your site, but these cupcakes are just darling! My mother in law would die for them, and they look like great stocking stuffers. I'm glad to see that it was a success even though it rained!
-Sylvia
Citizen Campanola